“We’re different from other families. We’re travelers, right Mom?”
Nomadic family travels around the world.
Join us in discovering:
- Attending bilingual school in Guanacaste
- La Paz School – International Baccalaureate & Bilingual School in Costa Rica– We love this school!
- Guanacaste International Academy – Another fine school in the area that gives you a more authentic experience with great staff!
- Renting a home in Potrero Beach, Guanacaste
- Volunteering as a teacher in Flamingo
- Learning Spanish in Costa Rica
- The Children’s Eternal Rainforest – My husband was part of the initial fundraising for this project in 1989. Thus, it is close to our hearts. Go visit here! Support them! Volunteer! Donate!
- Buena Vista Lodge – A favorite place of ours. I think we spent 4 or 5 weekends here as a family. So much fun.
- Turtles – Fantastic opportunity to see the sea turtles come and lay their eggs. Truly an unforgettable life experience.
- Diving – Not exactly the best in the world, but I am a diver and always think you should take the opportunity. We had a good time.
- Surfing – Love this! It’s everywhere and it’s free. Just be sure to learn about the riptides and wildlife (read crocodiles and sharks) that are also sharing this habitat.
Sweden – Our home…
- Uppsala – a quaint little university town near Lake Mälaren
- Stockholm – a big city with fantastic greenery all around. An environmentalist’s best-choice.
- Orust – Kungsviken
- Ski vacations
- How to rent your home when traveling…
- Fun little places to go…
United States of America
- Orlando, Florida
- New York
- International Adoption
- Bullet Train from Beijing to Nanning
- AirBnB Rentals
- Offline Rentals
- Cozumel – one of my all-time favorite places in the world that I seem to keep coming back to again and again…
- Great Britain & Scotland
- Canary Islands
New Zealand Road Trip
- 6 weeks north to south and back again with 2 kids!
Australia – Living Abroad during a “Gap Year”
- Allt om Australia – på Svenska (in Swedish) – our daughter’s adventures down under after graduating from high school
Kenya – International Student Exchange
- Swedish School in Nairobi – In English
- Svenska Skolan i Nairobi – på Svenska (in Swedish) – our son spent a year abroad during high school in Nairobi and loved it!
Cruise ships – Working & Living On-board
- Art Auctioneer at Sea
- Carnival Cruise Lines – working onboard
- Youth Staff
- Royal Carribean Cruise Lines – working onboard
Semester At Sea Program – Sailing Around the World While Studying!
- Semester at Sea – I circumnavigated the globe with the University of Pittsburgh and graduated on-board!